Translate

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Receiving What You Want



“Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.”

-Psalm 37:4

                We are often told to just pray and we will get what we want. But, we need to remember that we get what we want if it fits in with God’s plan for us. If we ask for something that will alter us and cause us to go against God’s will then we will not receive it. As Christians, we cannot complain about we do and don’t get. For example, say someone prays to win the lottery but they do not win it. God had a reason for not giving it to them. Maybe He knew that they would become greedy or they would fall away from Him. Therefore, He prevented it.

                One thing that I always prayed about was that I would be able to speak in tongues. It was a desire I had since I was 13 or 14. I prayed about it every night before I went to bed and every time I was worshiping at church. On August 4, I had a dream. Everything was completely black and all I saw was me with my hands raised to God, speaking in tongues. When I woke up, I was speaking in tongues for a few more seconds! I was in complete awe and I was so happy. God had finally answered my prayer. I still can’t speak in tongues whenever I feel like it, but I am still overjoyed that I spoke in tongues that one time.

                Like in my case, sometimes you may have to wait weeks, months, and even years, before your prayers are answered. What’s the most important thing to do? Make sure your life is aligned with God and His will. All the years that I had prayed to speak in tongues my life wasn’t as perfect as I thought it was. I was blinded by my own ignorance. But I finally gave everything up and aligned my life with God and heaven opened for me.

                Submit to God. Change for Him. Obey His word. Once we see that, we will see miracles and He will bless us and use us to bless others. If we have nothing, then we can give nothing. When you receive salvation, we are aligned to God’s will. When we pray, we pray according to His will. If we want healing, healing will come. If we want prosperity, prosperity will come.

“Pray like this, ‘Our father who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come.
Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”

-Matthew 6:9-10

                If you desire God’s will, then you will receive what you want. God wants to use you to bring others around you to Him. He wants to use you to change people-change society-so that everything is used for Him. Also, you reap what you sow. If you bring curses and hatred to others, you will not receive what you want.

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.”

-Galatians 6:7

No comments:

Post a Comment